Monday 18 April 2011

Australia!

I didnt post last Sunday (10th) as i was on my way to Perth, Australia, just a short 17hours on planes, I don't even mean that in a bad way, I love to fly and ive never found the food to be bad, the second plane was pretty much empty so I could actually spread out and sleep across 2 seats and have a little extra leg room.
Its surprisingly hot where i am and we've only had two showers and one was at night so not bad weather like I was expecting after all (last year it poured down with rain and we only had 3 hot days out of the two weeks I was here)


On tuesday i went to Herdsman Lake, it was a warm day and the views were lovely.

Slightly worrying seeing a sign like this right next to a kids playarea :-s
On wednesday we went to Bells Rapids in Swan Valley, it was such a dry summer and its hardly rained so the whole river had dried up, it just seemed like a rocky desert, it was boiling hot that day but we had a picnic and the dog enjoyed running round and exploring.
 
I loved this tree, all its roots were above the ground and i just loved the look of it against the bright blue sky in this photo.



A very small lizard who didnt want to have his picture taken, i had to lean over the edge of the bridge to take this lol.
The rest of the time I've done a lot of shopping and dragged my dad round a ton of Op shops (australian charity shops) they are so big compared to the English ones they're more like the American thrift stores.

Will add some pics in my next post of the treasures I've found :)
Hope everyone had a good weekend
Ttyl
Jennifer x

2 comments:

  1. aww that lizard is so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're only a couple of inches long but they run so fast its hard to take photos of the them without them running away :s

    ReplyDelete